Association of Tank and Cistern Manufacturers (ATCM)
ATCM Code of Practice
The Association of Tank and Cistern Manufacturers are a premier group of producers whose aim is to promote and extend the user and understanding of the products of the industry whilst ensuring they confirm to the highest possible performance and quality standards.
To provide assurance that tank and cistern products manufactured or marketed by ATCM member companies comply with the performance and quality standards of the relevant British and European Standards related to product design, operating performance and workshop practice and that the production processes adopted are third party accredited ensuring the products produced are consistently of high quality.
An ATCM member company is required:
- To be knowledgeable of and compliant with the UK Water Supply (Water Fittings) Regulations 1999 and the requirements of BS 6700: 2005 as it affects the application of tanks and cisterns installed within a water supply system.
- To design and manufacture tank and cistern products to UK or European standards as set out in BS4213: 2004, BS EN 12573: 2000, BS 1564: 1975, BS EN 13280: 2000 or BS EN 12845 / LPC 1276 and to provide installation and maintenance guidance and / or services as appropriate.
- To have their tank and cistern products third party accredited to UK Water Supply Regulation requirements by WRAS (Water Regulation Advisory Scheme) or a test centre accredited by UKAS (United Kingdom Accreditation Service) to conduct this assessment.
- To adopt, implement and comply with the requirements of Health and Safety statutory legislation related to workshop practice and management.
- To operate a third party accredited Quality Assurance Scheme to ISO 9001 or 9002 standard.
ATCM membership is an assurance of the highest quality and safety standards possible. Tanks and cisterns are guaranteed “fitness for purpose” and will provide extended life when used for their specific designed purpose given they are inspected and maintained in accordance with the manufacture’s recommendations / instructions and legislative requirements.
The ATCM is available to act as an Ombudsman on matters of technical concern. Thus providing an unsurpassed level of assurance to specifiers, purchasers, and end users as to a member’s product performance.